Sunday, April 5, 2009

TCU EGG HUNT

On Sunday we headed to TCU for their annual egg hunt. This was a first for us so we did not know what to expect. I assumed a few hundred alumni would be there, but as we pulled up to Sadler Hall I was overwhelmed by the sea of adults and children holding their baskets.
I was thinking Parker is about to get run over for a plastic, candy-filled egg. Are we going to survive?? TCU Alumni did a great job of organizing by age groups and filling these enclosed areas with plenty of eggs. We had 10 mins to go time and Parker was ready. Douglas gave him a pep talk and strategy tips to run to the middle and grab as many eggs as he could. With 3 mins to go, a skipping, baseball clad Super Frog came out of no where and scared the 'PEEPS' out of Parker. This blew our strategy out of the Easter basket! Finally the horn blew and with screaming Parker in tow we hunted a whooping TWO eggs and a tiny plastic sheep. The day was not a complete bust. The day was beautiful so we walked the campus and checked out the new construction and of course Frog Fountain. Each fall we go straight to the tailgate spot and never venture pass the beer filled coolers so it was a good time to stroll down memory lane. Douglas made fun of me most of the time but I always enjoy being in Fort Worth.










2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so excited y'all have a blog now!!!! This entry was HILARIOUS in fact I laughed out loud while reading it! Y'all are SUCH a cute family and I loved the picture at the top of all three of you!!! What a little man Parker is!!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this Egg hunt sounded serious. We went yesterday with playgroup and when Kendal was telling Daddy about it she said, "get eggs...go fast" because I kept telling her to "go fast" b/c the older kids were getting them before she could react. Super cute picture of you guys, LOVE THE BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete